POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy : Re: People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are crazy
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2008 15:09:46
Message: <4888d37a@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:03:38 +0100, St. wrote:

>> but me living here in the desert, I'm breathing in less than you
>> probably are.
>
>     Wanna swap houses Jim? Come and live in Beautiful Britain! Heh...
>     ;)

I don't recall if I've said it before here, but we have actually thought
about moving.  And with my wife's medical conditions, actually, the high
altitude, direct sunlight, and low humidity aggravate those conditions,
so we are going to *have* to move sooner or later (and sooner would be
better).

>> On a serious note, I know someone whose wife is in jail because of the
>> death of their adopted daughter due to a DHMO overdose.  Very sad
>> story.
>
>     Gah, sorry to hear that. So many people, so many problems in this
> world... It's not good.

Yeah.  The situation was (and still is, for that matter) quite unusual.
Apparently the "punishment" that was used was at the recommendation of a
therapist.  The way it was administered, though, caused overhydration to
an extent that it resulted in death.  I also understand there were/are
some psychological factors with the mother as well, but I don't know all
the details of that (it's not the sort of thing you ask about in casual
conversation, and I don't know the husband well enough to engage in even
casual conversation about much of anything, much less about the death of
his adopted daughter).

Jim